Surface Design Study - Laser Cut Sample

Surface Design Study - Laser Cut Sample

February 25th, 2024


<<greyscale tones and 4x4 cut sample


I considered making the pattern bigger so that the dinosaurs could be seen a bit better, I expected the laser to miss some details, as my sample features a lot of very small shapes, but the final product turned out surprisingly defined. The only thing I would change if I did this same process again is the shades of grey I used. Two of the dinosaurs included don't feature much details because the colours I used must not have had enough contrast with each other. It was really fun to see how the laser cutting process worked!




^^final laser cut sample

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reverse Engineered Object: Progress I

Reverse Engineered Object: HD Renders and Exploded View

2. Surface Design Study