Reverse Engineered Object - Progress 2 March 11th, 2024 This week, I continued to make progress on modelling my Safety Pin Earring. I'm happy with my progress so far. Some problems I've run into this week: Not too many issues I've come across this week, I just am finding it time consuming to line up my objects. The safety pin uses the pipe tool, so I can't easily just snap the beads to the center. The safety pin is also not a straight wire that the beads are fed onto, it's a bit curved so it just has taken a lot of focus and a close eye to align them. Still don't quite know how to make the end of the safety pin but will experiment more with it this coming week. Closed curves! Some of the more complicated objects have a lot of polylines involved and are sometimes not fully connected or maybe didn't snap together, so when I try to extrude a surface or join something, I get error messages. I think I just need to pay more attention so I don't run into any ...
Reverse Engineered Object: Selection February 25th, 2024 1. Safety Pin Earring: I chose this one because I think it's more playful and personal than the next two I selected. I think I could get very accurate measurements and it would still be a challenge for me to model. I also selected this object because in learning how to model the earring back and the clasp and the more structural parts of the earring, perhaps in the future I can use that design to make/3D print earrings of another variety. Both the earring hook and the safety pin feature some spiral elements that I look forward to experimenting with because I honestly have no idea how to approach that. << full object view << deconstructed view 2. Tape Measure: This one has a lot of components. Between the screws, the outside of the tape measure and the measuring tape itself, I would have a lot of opportunities to experiment and troubleshoot how to model this. The outside of the tape measure looks intricate on bo...
Project 2: Surface Design Study Research: My friend and I went to browse Walmart to see what we could find. The bedding section really inspired me. I didn’t feel very connected to any super complicated patterns or many with curved lines. I found one bed spread with a detached hexagon sort of pattern, and I thought “I wonder what that would look like as a diamond shape, so that’s where I drew my inspiration for the more geometric part of the pattern. When we reached the clothing section of our design scavenger hunt, I found this cute little dinosaur pattern. I thought “that could be cool” but I doubted that I would actually be able to construct a dinosaur with my limited experience with Rhino. I couldn’t get the dinosaur idea out of my head, so that is what I decided to go with. I regret not getting a picture the original pattern, but it was just a very simple dinosaur pattern on a pair of kid’s pajamas. This project really proved to be a challenge for me. It was ver...
Comments
Post a Comment